Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Girl on the Way!

This past month, we had an ultrasound to check on baby #2's development. We were very thankful that everything looked great and is right on progress. We were also able to clearly see that there is going to be another little girl in our household! Yes, poor Daddy is getting outnumbered by his girls. :) We weren't too surprised by baby's gender. I had a pretty strong feeling that this baby was a she, so it was good to know my mommy intuition was right. It was also good for Bella as she was quite insistent that she was going to have a "baby sisser."
Here is a picture of our new little lady's profile. She was pretty wiggly, so it was hard to get any decent pictures.
Definitely a girl. :) We were able to see without the tech even telling us that baby was indeed a girl-she wasn't shy!
A picture of her little foot.
Pella has started doing 4D ultrasounds, so the tech tested it out on us. Definitely a different picture than when we did it at 29 weeks with Bella! We were 19 weeks at this ultrasound, and babies don't have a lot of fat at that point, so it was kind of strange to see. Here is the best shot she could get of her face.
This is obviously her hand.
And here is baby growing inside Mommy! We haven't been very good at taking belly shots this time around... funny how that changes with the second child. I think I was almost 19 weeks in this picture, so it was taken right before our ultrasound. I was starting to pop out a little bit...
And then two weeks later, I am definitely looking pregnant! I have been feeling great and have lots of energy, which is helping me keep up with our active little lady. We now have 18 weeks to go, and that can go by as slow as possible! I remember often wondering during my pregnancy with Bella why it lasts so long. Now I know- it's to prepare you for when you have a second child. :) However, we are super excited to meet our next little girl! We were quite relieved to find out that it is another she as that makes preparing for her arrival MUCH easier. It'll also be awesome for Bella to have a little sister to play with.

No comments: