Thursday, January 8, 2009

Exciting First

So we are now almost into the 20th week of the pregnancy, and I (Lindsey) still was not sure if I had felt the baby move. It is supposed to occur anytime between the 18th and 22nd week, so I have been paying attention lately to see if I felt anything. In the last week or so, I thought I might have felt something, but wasn't sure if it was actually the baby. Well, today I was getting ready for work, and I felt what seemed like a heartbeat in my stomach. I quickly realized that it was our baby, who likely had hiccups! It was a very cool feeling, and now that I know what to feel for, I have been feeling baby move all day today. He or she is certainly having an active day! It's pretty amazing though, and I'm sure I will enjoy it until the point that major kicking occurs. Anyways, that is our exciting news. We should hopefully have more news in a few days- our ultraound is scheduled for this Monday (4 days!)

1 comment:

De Haans said...

Wow! Annaleyza just got here and informed us that you have a blog . . . we didn't even know! That is an exciting first and definitely not the last :)! We are looking forward to finding out what you guys are having as well. We are biased and want Cayden to have a boy cousin, but a girl will be so much as well :)! Can't wait to hear the news and then see you guys on Thursday!